It’s not often that a local roofing company gives back to their community, but the good folks at A. Brooks Construction/Kanga Roof have hearts so big they have given away another roof to a deserving Veteran in Bucks County.
This year the Kanga Roof team have selected Samuel Landman of Levittown. In a beautiful, emotional letter written by Samuel’s granddaughter Samantha, she explains how the house was a home to her, where she took her first steps. The rest of the letter detailed how the Vietnam-era vet had been down on his luck with health problems and rising medical expenses. The Landman family was always helping others and this time, they were in need.
In a matter of 2 days the problems were analyzed, diagnosed and a new roof was installed!
“We believe that giving back to the community is an essential part of any business. That’s why Kanga Roof holds it’s annual Support a Veteran Roof Giveaway each summer. This summer, we were happy to give back to one of Bucks County’s proud veterans, Sam Landman,” Abe Brooks, president, states.
“Kanga Roof continuously gives back to Bucks County. Not only does our Support a Veteran Roof Giveaway help a veteran in need—but our Holiday Roof Giveaway aims to help a Bucks County family in need during the holiday season. We’ve also held coloring contests, marched in holiday parades and sponsor local little league teams. It’s important to be a part of the community, and that’s one of the main messages in our mission statement.”
The mission statement is known verbatim by the entire staff, “A. Brooks Construction, Inc. is committed to being a leader in the roofing industry by setting the standards of a knowledgeable, professional, dependable roofing company. We will provide superior service and be true to our word. We are committed to provide for the families that work with us and the communities that we live in.”
A. Brooks Construction/Kanga Roof has provided roof repairs and new roofs to needy families, veterans and dozens of community organizations.
The company is based in Bucks County, and has been providing superior service and workmanship to local families since 1987. They stand behind their work and take great pride in giving back to the community.
They are a GAF Master Select™ Contractor, receiving GAF’s Excellence Award for 2015 as a top performer.
For more information about A.Brooks Construction Kanga Roof visit abrooksconstruction.com or call 215-752-6145
Tasty & EASY Recipe:
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 dinner rolls, split
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
2 large bell peppers, cut into thin strips
(about 1 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until rippling. Season the beef with salt and pepper, increase the heat to high and cook in the skillet for 3 minutes; flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl.
2. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes.
3. Place the roll bottoms on a large rimmed baking sheet and top each with the beef and vegetables; sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and cover with the roll tops.